Term: Fall 2017, On Demand
English I and Algebra I recommended
Economic decisions affect us every day of our lives. Understanding economics means thinking about how scarcity, or limited resources, requires us to make choices and evaluate one option against others. In this course, you will recognize examples of economics in your daily life. You will see how the economic choices of larger groups, like businesses and governments, affect you and others. As you progress through the course, you will recognize that the costs and benefits of choices connect individuals and groups around the world. The purpose of this course is to help you become a smart consumer who understands the flow of an economy between individuals, businesses, governments, and the rest of the world.
Topics & Concepts:
- 01.00 Welcome to Economics
- 01.01 How Do I Plan for Success?
- 01.02 What Is Economics?
- 01.03 Why Can’t I Have It all?
- 01.04 Demand
- 01.05 Supply
- 01.06 The Soap Opera of Supply and Demand
- 01.07 The Green and What It Means
- 01.08 What’s the Big Idea?
- 01.09 Module One Exam
- 02.00 It All Begins With You!
- 02.01 Is It a Want or a Need?
- 02.02 What Happens After High School?
- 02.03 Sharing With Uncle Sam?
- 02.04 What Is Stock, Anyway?
- 02.05 How Can I Spend Money Wisely
- 02.06 Can I Get a Ride?
- 02.07 How do I Protect my Stuff?
- 02.08 Why Budget?
- 02.09 What’s the Big Idea?
- 02.10 Module Two Exam
- 03.00 Taking Care of Business
- 03.01 Could You Be an Entrepreneur?
- 03.02 What are Factors of Production?
- 03.03 Who Is the Boss?
- 03.04 Selling It!
- 03.05 Getting the Most for Your Money
- 03.06 Building a Better Business
- 03.07 What’s the Big Idea?
- 03.08 Module Three Exam
- 04.00 Getting Political
- 04.01 Ultimate Roller Coaster
- 04.02 Should the Government Control the Economy?
- 04.03 How Does the Fed Affect Me?
- 04.04 The Fed’s Toolbox
- 04.05 Uncle Sam’s Toolbox
- 04.06 What’s the Big Idea?
- 04.07: Module Four Exam
- 05.00 Thinking Globally
- 05.01 How Economists’ Ideas Affect Us
- 05.02 How Can We Organize an Economy?
- 05.03 What are My Country’s Goals?
- 05.04 Why Do Countries Trade?
- 05.05 Should Free Trade Be A Goal?
- 05.06 Does Inflation Matter?
- 05.07 What’s the Big Idea?
- 05.08 Module Five Exam
- 06.00 Circular-Flow
- 06.01 Economic Relationships
- 06.02 What Are Externalities?
- 06.03 How Do Externalities Affect You?
- 06.04 What’s the Big Idea?
- 06.05 Module Six Project
- 06.06 Segment Review and Exam
Offerings and courses subject to change. Please refer to the VTVLC Student Information System as the most up-to-date resource of current offerings and required materials for courses.