Term: Fall 2017
Whether you are watching a famous athlete make an unbelievable play or witnessing a sensational singing performance, the world of sports and entertainment is never boring. Although it may seem impossible for you to be a part of this glittery world, it’s not! The Sports and Entertainment Marketing field offers careers that combine entertainment with traditional marketing, but with a whole lot more glamour. Explore basic marketing principles while delving deeper into the multi-billion dollar sports and entertainment industry. Learn how professional athletes, sports teams, and famous entertainers are marketed as commodities and how the savvy people who handle these deals can become very successful. This course will show you exactly how things work behind the scenes of a major entertainment event and how you can be part of the act.
Topics & Concepts:
- Unit 1: Basic Principles of Marketing
- Unit 2: Introduction to Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Unit 3: Principles of Effective Sports and Entertainment Marketing in the 21st Century
- Unit 4: Diversity and Demographics
- Unit 5: Event Marketing
- Unit 6: Product Marketing
- Unit 7: Sponsorships and Endorsements
- Unit 8: Finances
- Unit 9: Careers in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Unit 10: Societal and Cultural Influences
Offerings and courses subject to change. Please refer to the VTVLC Student Information System as the most up-to-date resource of current offerings and required materials for courses.