Introduction to Online Learning
Are you interested in taking an online course in high school?
Discover what online learning is all about!
VTVLC will be offering (4) three-week sessions of Introduction to Online Learning during the Spring 2018 semester.
Start Dates: January 24th, February 28th, April 4th, May 9th
There is no cost for partner school students, as approved by the local school counselor.
Partner School Fee (if not eligible for partner seat): $50
Non Partner School Fee: $75
- Gain general knowledge of online technology through activities such as regularly logging in, practicing online communication, using online and other computer-based tools and exploring the Internet.
- Develop good online learning habits, including time management, reading, participating, communicating and learning independently.
- Learn common characteristics of online courses, including introductory materials, lesson styles, assignment types, discussion forums and communication tools.
- Practice using common online learning tools, including discussion forums, teleconferencing tools and assignment submission tools.
"The most important thing I have learned in online learning is how to communicate..."
- Week 1 – Introductions and Getting Started
- Week 2 – Communication and Learning Management Systems
- Week 3 – Preparing for Success in Online Learning