VTVLC expects that all students will commit to Academic Integrity.
VTVLC views Academic Integrity as foundational to education. It is expected that all students will uphold the VTVLC Academic Integrity statement and take all necessary means to submit work that is original to the individual student. Any work submitted that is not original in content will be subject to disciplinary action per our Academic Integrity Matrix.
Plagiarism is work that is copied or stolen and submitted as an authentic representation of ones own work without citing sources or crediting the original source.
Some example include:
- Submitting a paper taken from the internet
- Using quotations from another person’s work without citing the source
- Using a part of another person’s work and submitting it as yur own
- Taking information from any online or hard copy source without citing the source
- The use of an online translator for assessments and assignments
- The use of photos, graphs, drawings, facts, statistics or other information without citing the source.
- Copying and pasting mathematics answers found in browsers such as Google or Yahoo for assignments or assessments.
Cheating is anytime a student does not do their own work with their own information gathered from their studies.
Some examples include:
- Collaborating with another student outside the parameters that a teacher has allowed.
- Using books, notes, examples, internet resource to take a quiz or test unless clearly outlined as acceptable by the instructor.
- Allowing another person complete work for you.
- Allowing another person to use your work.
Plagiarism and Cheating will be handled as a major misconduct per the RVTC Policies and the consequences will follow the VTVLC Academic Integrity Matrix.