VTVLC Activity & Participation Policy (Traditional Enrollments)
Only through continuous communication, activity and participation can students be successful in an online course. This activity is equivalent to attendance and participation in a traditional classroom environment. Within each course the instructor outlines the weekly minimum work requirements and students will abide by the following VTVLC policies:
- 7 Day Activity: 1. If a student does not actively participate in his/her course during a seven (7) day period, the teacher will notify via email the student, counselor, parent and VTVLC Student Success Coach. The Student Success Coach will then initiate phone call(s) to determine the problem. Active participation is indicated by the student submitting the expected number of assignment(s) as indicated by the specific course calendar or pace chart.
- 14 Day Activity: If after an additional 7 days, the student still has not actively participated in his/her course, the teacher will notify via email the VTVLC Dean of Students. The Dean of Students will communicate with the student, parent and counselor. These communications will clearly indicate that the student may be withdrawn from the course within a 7 day period from this communication if the student remains inactive.
- 21 Day Activity: 1. If the student still remains inactive in the course, the teacher will again email the VTVLC Dean of Students and also the VTVLC Director. The Dean of Students and Director will make the final determination regarding the course withdrawal.
- In the event the student is withdrawn from the course, an official final grade report will be entered for the student and sent to his/her school.
VTVLC Activity & Participation Policy
- Students must progress through the course and have consistent communication with their teacher.
- Students must create a plan for completion of the course and send the instructor a pace chart.
- Students must complete Status Reports on the 1st and 15th of every month they are enrolled to remain eligible.
- Students may change their pacing during their enrollment but must complete all requirements before the course end date.
- Students who do not meet pacing or activity requirements for a period of more than four weeks or who do not submit completed Status Reports may be removed from the program due to non-participation.
Drop Policy (Traditional Enrollments Only)
During the course request process, the student agrees to the following:
I acknowledge that during the first 28 days of being activated into my VTVLC course, I may drop the course without penalty. Upon dropping a course after the first 28 days, a grade of WF will be issued. I understand that for each online course there are a minimum number of assignments that must be completed each week. Failure to submit the minimum number of assignments on a weekly basis may result in my removal from the course and may result in a failing grade being assigned to my academic transcript.
Disclaimer: Local district/local school drop policies supersede VTVLC’s drop policy. It is the responsibility of the student/parents to be informed of their local school district policies.
VTVLC Refund Policy
Refund eligibility depends on the type of enrollment. Please call our main office (802-855-8331) if you have questions regarding this refund policy.
- Traditional enrollment (Fall, Spring or Year-Round courses) – Student must drop within the 28 day drop period in order to qualify for a refund.
- On Demand enrollment (Open/Rolling courses) – 75% refund once payment is made but before start of course. 50% refund between start date and 10 days. No refund will be granted after 10 days.
- No refunds for parent facilitated, home study, course leasing or learning recovery after the first day of class.