Partner with VTVLC!Join the 70% of Vermont's High Schools that are connecting students through VTVLC to provide access to online learning
- Dedicated student learning support
- Support for struggling learners & student accommodations
- Support for personal learning plans
- Flexible Pathway toward graduation (Act 77)
- Parent portal
- Official transcript generation
- 60-70% of teachers hold a Master’s Degree
- VT licensed educators who meet or exceed HQT status and hold the Online Teaching Specialist endorsement
- Teachers have an average of 15-20 years experience
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities through VT State Colleges
The online aspect has given me the flexibility that supports my busy schedule while still allowing me to keep up and excel in my academics. I can’t imagine not being part of such an unbelievable program.
Greater AVAILABILITY of courses not offered locally
Greater ACCESSIBILITY to courses where scheduling conflicts exist
Greater FLEXIBILITY for students to take courses at times that increase their success
VTVLC offers hundreds of online courses including NCAA approved core academics, Common Core aligned curriculum, learning recovery, electives, world languages, honors, Advanced Placement courses and Professional Development.
Becoming a Partner School with VTVLC
- Initial Meeting with VTVLC and New Partner School
- Program Overview
- Teacher Interest/Background
- Academic Endorsement Area Review including OTS
- Partnership Needs Assessment
- School’s Needs (Low/Under Enrolled Courses)
- Content Availability
- Course Section Needs
|2016-2017 Partner School Cost Structure Breakdown|
|1 Teacher||2 Teachers||3 Teachers|
|Enrollments per Year||50||100||150|
|Price per Enrollment||$90||$60||$50|
Certificate in Online Teaching
All Vermont educators facilitating online course work with Vermont students must obtain the 5440-25 Online Teaching Specialist (OTS) endorsement.
The holder of an OTS endorsement is authorized to teach students from a distance who are enrolled in online coursework. The endorsement is an add-on endorsement only and is limited to holders of PK-12 teaching endorsements.
If the designated online teacher does not hold the OTS endorsement, they will need to complete a Certificate in Online Teaching program. The Northeast Online Teaching Institute (NEOTI) is a collaborative program between VTVLC and Marlboro College to prepare VTVLC faculty for online teaching.
|Methods I||Methods II|| Online Teaching
|Fall Implementation||July or October||January||March|
|Spring Implementation||January or March||July||October|
VTVLC will provide coordination, support and management to offer online courses to students at your school.
Support will include: course selections, course catalog development, professional development, enrollment and dissemination of information to a variety of organizations for the purposes of student recruitment.
Faculty and counselor trainings and student support.
$4,500 / 1st teacher
$1,500 for each additional teacher
25 student enrollments per semester, per teacher